The Lucille S. Antoine Leadership Scholarship is a privately funded financial scholarship, established by Gerard M. Antoine, MD, MBA. Dr. Antoine attended Holy Cross College in Arima, Trinidad from 1974-1978. The scholarship was established to honor the memory of his mother, Lucille S. Antoine, who was born and raised in Trinidad and on December 2nd, 1972 died in Trinidad at the age of thirty-nine. Lucille S. Antoine believed in the youth of Trinidad and Tobago and dedicated her life to promote education and leadership in her six children.
The Lucille S. Antoine Leadership Scholarship encourages secondary school students to develop and expand their leadership abilities through practical experience, personal reflection, and community involvement with mentors and peers. The scholarship serves as a vehicle to advance higher education to secondary school students in Trinidad and Tobago. The Lucille S. Antoine Scholarship will provide a one time financial scholarship: US $1000.00, $500.00, and $250.00 to three secondary school students who have demonstrated an interest in matriculating to a university and have been actively involved in their community as a youth leader and demonstrated a vision for the betterment of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Applicants must reside in Trinidad and Tobago
- Be between the ages of eleven and eighteen
- Be in good standing in a secondary school in Trinidad and Tobago
- Be actively involved in a community leadership project that has significantly and positively impacted the lives of the citizens of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Scholarship recipients must continue to be actively engaged in their leadership project and remain a full time student during the award period.
- Applicants must identify a mentor in the community or teacher in their current school where they attend to provide guidance and encouragement throughout the application process and award period.
- Students are eligible for only one award.
How To Apply:
Applicants must write and submit a typed five hundred-word essay identifying their active involvement in the community as a youth leader and the impact of their leadership for the betterment of their community. Applicants must demonstrate their leadership vision for the future for Trinidad and Tobago. Applicants must submit a letter of recommendation from his or her mentor in the community or teacher from their current school specifying that they are a student in good standing and are a future leader with vision and willingness to be mentored.
All applications must be post marked or e-mailed by May 1, 2018.
The Lucille S. Antoine Leadership Scholarship Committee:
Gerard M. Antoine, MD, MBA
Nickita Antoine Brown, MPH
Gerard M. Antoine, Jr.
The Lucille S. Antoine Leadership Scholarship Award Winners will be announced annually on
June 1st on social media, Facebook and Tweets and the scholarship awards will be presented at
the students’ schools.
1. Name: Last, First, Middle Initial
2. Age: Date of Birth
3. Mailing Address
6. Current Secondary School
7. Name of Mentor
8. Letter from Mentor
9. Applicant’s 500-word essay
E-Mail Applications To:
Or mail applications to:
The Stroke & Diabetes Center
The Lucille S. Antoine Leadership Scholarship
Unit 10 Piarco Plaza
Deadline: May 1, 2018